My name is Angela Holliday-Bell, MD. I am a Physician, Certified Sleep Specialist and Sleep Coach. More importantly, I am someone who has suffered from the wrath of insomnia for years. While I had been able to find ways to get by on lack of sleep, the strenuous schedule of medical training took me to my wit’s end and I knew there had to be a better way.
So I started to do my own research on sleep and ways to improve it. I read countless books and research studies and experimented with different behavioral sleep techniques. I started to apply those techniques to my own sleep and watched my sleep improve dramatically.
Not only did my sleep improve, but so did my mood, productivity, relationships, and physical health. I was so inspired by my own sleep transformation that I decided to become a Certified Sleep Specialist so that I could help other busy professionals do the same.
As busy professionals, we wear so many hats that can make it difficult to prioritize sleep. What’s worse is that sleep is needed to function optimally in all of those roles, leading to what can feel like a vicious cycle. Better sleep leads to better mental and physical functioning and is one of the most important forms of self-care.
I created The Solution is Sleep LLC to provide transformative, targeted and customized sleep coaching based on proven therapeutic techniques to help my clients take back control of their sleep lives
Articles & Interviews
- How ‘Springing Forward’ For Daylight Saving Time Could Cause Your Health to Fall Back- ABCNews
- Health Magazine: Sleep Specialist Q&A March 2022 issue
- Aging and Sleep: Experts Weight In on the Importance of Sleep- Today.com
- There Are Pronounced Racial Disparities in the Goal to Get Enough Sleep- And That’s a Serious Health Issue – Well + Good
- How Alcohol Affects Sleep- Avocado Green Mattress
- The Best Products for A Sound Snooze According to a Sleep Doctor- Refinery 29
- The Anatomy of the Perfect Bedroom, According to Sleep Experts- Apartmenttherapy.com
- Sleep Experts Weigh in On the Most Important Winter Bedding Swaps for Chilly-but-Cozy Nights- Well+Good
- The How & Why to Prioritizing Sleep With Angela Holliday-Bell
- The Sleep Code: Dr. Angela Holliday-Bell Talks Insomnia
- Health.com How These Black-Led Groups Are Using Naps to Fight Systemic Racism & Promote the Importance of Rest Within the Black Community
- Health Magazine Sleep Awards 2021: 43 Products for the Best Sleep Ever
- Sleep Like an Expert: Personalized Tips for Sleep Wellness
- Ovia Health Stress Less Fest recap